Sunday, March 28, 2010

nobody said it was gonna be easy


As we dig into the process we are faced with a few challenges. I knew that it was going to be a long and tedious journey, but I wasn't planning for it to be difficult. Shortly after making our adoption choice I read a book, The Strength of Mercy, by Jan Beazley. It is about her call to adopt a daughter from Romania, and ultimately the founding of All God's Children (AGCI) We are currently working with AGCI for our adoption. I enjoyed the book and keep having to remind myself that even though God gives us a vision or calls us to do something doesn't mean it will be easy (she said something like that). We aren't just going to put one foot in front of the other and step into His plan. There will always be road blocks on our path in life (not just adoption) ALWAYS. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to complain. Whatever it takes, I am willing to do. It will be completely worth the wait.
These difficulties will seem so minor in the time to come. I am learning each day that everything is a process and to take in as much as I can each moment. After all, my struggles are nothing compared to the millions of people suffering all over the world; and certainly can't be compared to Jesus' suffering for my sins... now realizing that Easter is in a week. A blessed-sinner I am.
Thankful for what God is teaching me. May it never be forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. And Aunt Kels is here for you every step of the way! Let me know if you need anything along your journey....and I'll be waiting...for that day when you bring him/her home!

    ReplyDelete