Sunday, July 15, 2012

One year ago we saw their faces

I am a day late in posting this, but it has been one year since we received a call and learned about our precious Lucy Eyerusalem and Jude Uchala.  The call came on July 13th, but due to a computer glitch at our agency we had to wait 24 hours and finally on July 14th, 2011 we saw their faces.  That call made me a mommy.  I will never forget the feeling and rush of emotions as we opened the email to see their photos.

This was the first photo we saw.  

 Followed by these individual ones.


 By this time tears were streaming uncontrollably, those are my babies on the other side of the world.  God had chosen us to be their parents.  I was in love immediately, but my heart was breaking being so far from them.  Their faces were so scared and sad and there was nothing I could do to comfort them.  



I was happy to see one picture with a smile.



One year later and a recent move (10 days ago) to Los Angeles, here they are today.





These pictures were taken in Colorado before we moved.

 

















One year. One family. One God. Lots of Love

In one year their hair has grown and their hearts have experienced the redemptive power of God.  I am so blessed to be their mommy.  Every day is a new adventure.


6 comments:

  1. Love! You can see the joy radiating from their. Praise God for your precious family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stacy, it is so good to see the redemption the Lord has done in their lives. Our referral pics are pretty sad too and it breaks my heart. This gives me so much hope! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get tired of looking at your recent family photos! My they've grown!! Best of luck in L.A., I look forward to a coffee date next time you visit : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious to see the healing that the Lord has brought through the love of a family! Precious! And such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! So happy for you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete