Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Water.

Here in the United States clean water has always been accessible. We walk to the kitchen or bathroom and turn on the faucet it flows out and we don't stop to think about the miracle and blessing it is. We drink it, shower, cook, clean, swim...

The story of charity: water - The 2009 September Campaign Trailer from charity: water on Vimeo.


There are about 7 billion people on the planet; and for nearly 1 billion of those people, having access to clean water is sadly not a reality. Not yet... but it can be. Every twenty seconds a child dies of a water related disease. Clean water saves lives.

You might have noticed the charity:water button at the bottom of my blog. It is an incredible non-profit organization that uses 100%. ONE.HUNDRED.PERCENT of their donations to fund clean water projects in developing countries. They have done some great work in Ethiopia. I encourage you to give water.


I know that I take it for granted that I can just turn on the faucet fill my glass and drink. For nearly a billion people that would be like turning on the faucet and having gold pour out.

No comments:

Post a Comment