Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Song

I have always liked this song. When I heard it on the radio the other day it got stuck in my head. I started to think about the lyrics. It asks a very serious question, "Where is the love?"


Here are some of my favorite parts of the song lyrics.

But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate

People killin', people dyin'
Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
Send us some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder
As I'm gettin' older, y'all, people gets colder
Most of us only care about money makin'
Selfishness got us followin' our wrong direction

Yo', whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness in equality

Black Eyed Peas
-Where is the love?-

No comments:

Post a Comment