Monday, March 14, 2011

...but who is counting?

I used to get obsessed with the monthly update and numbers on the waitlist, okay, maybe I still do to some extent to see that there is still progress. There is new news or rumors everyday regarding the adoption climate and timeframe in Ethiopia. Initially the news of this uncertainty and possibility of it all taking years (on top of the year we have already been on this journey) had me pouring out a pond of tears. I was upset that my timeframe was getting messed up and I had no control over anything. We haven't gotten the official call from AGCI this month because they are super busy with all the new stuff going on in Ethiopia, fortunately they also remain busy contacting families with referrals, court dates, and embassy appointments. God is good, God is Faithful and progress is still happening!
Throughout this past week I have been remembering what my summer camp counselor told me when I was probably about 12---
"When you gain Faith, you lose control."
That sounded pretty scary to me the first time I heard it. I like to be in control, who doesn't? Now I rest assured in my faith that God IS in control, not me, and His plan is perfect. Jude will come home at just the right time. Meanwhile there is much for us to learn and grow through.

Subtracting the referrals that we've heard of (thanks to the ladies that keep track) we are unofficially number 44. Remember, we started at 69 four and a half months ago. I could did try to do some math based on these numbers but stopped calculating. There are 43 families ahead of us, all waiting for children of different ages and we don't have to be number one to get a referral since we are on the list for older and special needs kiddos. I know that my timing is so wrong... this is God's story and we get to live it each day. I can't wait to see what the next page says!

1 comment:

  1. Every step is a step closer!!! Congrats ;-)

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete