Monday, September 26, 2011

Answered Prayers and a Decree!

We have continually been praying that our adoption case would be finalized quickly, but knew that the reality of hearing something before mid to late October was almost impossible. We prayed anyway, believing that God can move paperwork just as he moves mountains. The courts still are closed, but the judge came in and finalized our case along with some others. We couldn't be more joyous and thankful at this moment.

I was sick all weekend with a bad sinus infection. I spent the majority of my time in bed. I covered my eyes with my sleeping mask from Ethiopian Airlines. I drifted in and out of sleep praying for our children and dreaming about them. I woke up this morning and had a sense of perfect peace and believed that we would hear good news today. I looked at the clock and it was still 2 hours before the AGCI office opened. I fell back asleep and sure enough my phone rang, but I missed it due to my cold medicine induced coma. Dave called me a little bit later and told me the good news! Our missing letter had been received and a court decree had been issued. Our case is finalized by the Ethiopian courts. L and J are ours!

Now we just wait for the US Embassy to finalize their end of the paperwork, issue visas, etc and we can go bring them home. Providence, absolute Providence. So much to get done before they come home, but it will all work out.

5 comments:

  1. I am brand new here, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! God is sooo good!! I'll keep your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Excited Stacy!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your precious kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled for this great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I am absolutely thrilled for you, and hope that you get a really quick embassy date! God is so good!!! Blessings and hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, Stacy!!! I am just so happy for ya'll! Praising God and rejoicing with ya'll today! It won't be long now until they are HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete