Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Biggest Birthday Week Ever

Dave and I aren’t really into extravagant holiday celebrations. The one time of year where we actually get excited to celebrate is here. We call this time “Birthday Week.” For the past six years that we’ve been together we’ve celebrated birthday week starting today, July 31st (my birthday) and finishing up on August 5th (Dave’s birthday).This year will be the best birthday week ever. The July 31st kickoff will begin as we board a plan for the first leg of our journey to Ethiopia. We will spend the days in between loving our kids and spending time in their birth country. Traditionally birthday week ends on August 5th… which is our COURT DATE! I think the celebration will continue on to the next day. Just like any party though, there is an end and usually a feeling of exhaustion and sadness that its over.

As I sit in my living room writing this, we are waiting for a friend to pick us up and take us to the airport. I truly believe that God has given us a great gift of peace. Throughout the days leading up to this we've been surprisingly calm and enjoying each moment. I had thought I'd surely be a mess of stress. I even slept really well last night. The bags are packed without any last minute, crazy, running around moments... and WE ARE READY!

1 comment:

  1. We rejoice with you guys in this wonderful "Birthday Week". May you continue to know the presence of the Almight God and his blessing over your lives!! Pastor Ken and Rachel

    ReplyDelete